Wednesday 2 March 2005

Gnome memory consumption

A list of people trying to reduce Gnome memory consumption. Anything that can be done to slim down and speed up software is good. On the other hand, what gets forgotten (because it can't be measured) is the waste of the user's brain cycles when things are slowed down.


For example, I would much rather my computer preloaded a bit of stuff when I am not doing anything, than have to wait for e.g. GStreamer initiatilization when I edit the volume.


I am too brainfried today to do any serious work... I'm just going to write TODO lists, consider ideas for essays, think about the big picture and maybe tweak little bits and pieces of my life. At some point I need to get a new release of blogfish out. Maybe today would be good to fix some of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment